TachySearch is a comprehensive form that contains every major internet search engine.
To Install TachySearch, simply make a fastlink to the Search.html file on your hard drive.
Here are comprehensive instructions for installing TachySearch from the TachySearch manual.
To use it, well, just choose your search engine and type in your search
keywords and hit return.
- Ok, copy the TachySearch directory into the same directory your IBrowse
executable is in. Don't rename any of the files or you get to edit HTML
- Next load up IBrowse.
- Go to the Preferences menu and choose 'General'.
- click on Fastlink.
- click on ADD.
- In the name entry fill in 'Search Engines' or whatever you want the button
labled. (Hmm TachySearch might be a good button label ;')
- In the location entry put: 'file://localhost/path:/more/path/IBrowse/TachySearch/Search.html'
(Without the quotes and substitue in your path where you keep IBrowse.)
- click on OK
- Go to the preferences menu item again and choose SAVE SETTINGS.
- There should now be a 'Search Engines' fastlink button, click on it and make
sure it loads the search page. If not, sell your computer cause this was so
easy even a monkey could have done it properly the first time. Ok you could
try reading thru this and having another go at it first I guess.
Thanks to the author Christopher A. Gaul (the author) for pointing out this great plugin!